Moonshiganj. Estd. 27th Sept. 1883.
The Bikrampore ( Moonshiganj ) Brahma Samaj,
Moonshiganj ( Dacca ).
Secretary—Babu. Sasi Bhushan Mallik, Missionary, N. D. Church, Dacca.
Members—8 including two Anusthanic Members.
Meetings—Once a week divine service is held in Bengali.
Mandir—There is a corrugated-iron-roofed Mandir in connection with the Samaj, consecrated on 12th Ashar 1291 B. S.
Miaslonary—Babu Sasi Bhushan Mallik, Missionary N. D. Church, Dacca.
Motihari. Dt. 24 Parganas. Estd. 1874..
The Motihari Brahma Samaj, Motihari.
Secretary— Babu Upendra Nath Roy Ohowdari.There is only one Brahma family in the locality and abou 5 Sympathisers. The Samaj which was once in a flourishing condition is now practically extinct.
Mymensing. Estd. about 1855.
(1) Mymensing Navavidhan Brahma Samaj.
Saheb Quarters, Mymensing,
Secretary—Babu Baldyanath Karmakar, L. M. S., Bidhan Ashram olose to Badabasha, Mymensing.
4 Out of these only are Non- Anusthanic.
meeting—Sunday Evening Service in Bengali.
Mandir—The Samaj has got its Mandir consecrated in 1870 (5th) Pooshya 1276 Bengali.Era.
Missionaries -1) Babu Dina Nath Karmakar.
(2J Babu Chand Mohan Karmakar ( Bidhan Ashram, Mymensing.
Minister-Babu Beharl Kant Chanda, Brahmapalli, Mymensing.
Subcription—No rule. Minimum of two annas Is customary.
History—Babu Ishan Qhandra Biswas who, in his young days, was a student of the Duff School at Calcutta came under Brahma influences about the year 1845. He came to Mymensing as a teacher of the Govt. English School about the year 1855, and started, along with Babus Govinda Chandra Gnha, and Tripura Shanker Gupta, the Mymensing Brahma Samaj and conducted every Sunday evening divine services according to the Adi Samaj method in a thatched house in Karavi Pada Road. At first these ttree only attended. After 5years Babu Bhagavan Chandra Bose, Head Master, Govt. District High School, father of Dr. J.O. Bose jointed this Samaj, when it grew in influence and was attended by abont25-30 people. Keshub visited here about 1865 December. In 1869 the Samaj bnilt its first Mandir in the Saheb Quarters outside the town, as the Raja did not allow any ground in the town. Daring the Magistracy of Mr. Alexander and by the help of Babu Gopikrishna Sen, a member, the present land 'was chosen for building. In 1886 this building was severely damaged by the earthquake and was restored. This was again destroyed in 1897. It is again restored now. The Raja supplied the doors of hia palace and the marble stones for the vedi. Kev. Giris Chandra Sen, the translator of Koran belonged, to this place, was a student and Pandit in the local school, a Minister in this Samaj for a time and afterwards became one of the apostles.
In 1867 Pandit Bijaya Krishna Goswami visited the place and preached and introduced Anusthanism into this Samaj. Babus Parbati Chandra Rai, Head Master, Giris Chandra Sen, Ishan Chandra Biswas, Ramachandra Banerjee, Gopikrishna Sen, Jayanath Agnihotri, Editor, ‘Vinapani’ embraced Anusthanic Brahmoism. As a protest against this, a “ Hindu Dharma Rakshini Sabha ’’ was started and the above gentlemen were persecuted and Babns Agnihotri and Ramchandra Banerji persected and left Brahmoism. In I869 the Mandir was built. In 1870 Sadhu Aghtr Nath came for a second time and conducted a Theistic Class, introduced daily prayer in the Brahma families, Many young men attended the class, twelve of whom were initiated into Brahmoism.