Goalundo. Dt. Faridpur. Estd. 1880.
The Rajbari Brahma Samaj, Goalundo.
Secretary.—Babu Prasanna Kumar Das Gupta, Sub-Divisional Officer, Rajbari, (Faridpur Dt.) Mettings.—Weekly divine service is held in Bengali in the house of the Secretary and Minister.
Mandir.—The Samaj has no building of its own.
Gauhati. Estd. 1873, 1891.
The Gauhati Brahma Samaj, Gauhati. Secretary:—Babu Kailas Chandra Sen, Gauhati.
Meetings:—Prayer Meetings are held every Sunday in Bengali.
Mandir:—The Samaj has its own Mandir.
Institutions:—1. Sunday school.
2. Mahila Samiti.
3. Sangat Sabha.
History:—The Brahma Samaj was at first established about 30 or 35 years ago. It existed for 5 or 6 years. Babus Hari Mohan Lahiri and Dina Nath Son, B. A., were for sometimes the Secretaries of the Samaj.
The Samaj was re-established by Babu Abhayacharan Bhattacharya, Head Master, Gauhati High School, in about the year 1891. After 3 years or so with the co-operation of Babu Prasanna Chandra Das Gupta, B. A., the movement was strengthened and a separate house was set apart for the Samaj. At this time there were attached to it a Sunday School, a Sangat Sabha, a Mahila Samiti and occasionally public lectures were also delivered under its auspices.
Alter the great earthquake of 1997 the movement very nearly collapsed for a few months. Sometimes after Babu Vaikuntha Nath Bose pointed out to Babu Raj Mohan Das the necessity of having a permanent house for the Brahma Samaj. Babu Raj Mohan Das took up the matter and his earnest exertion a large amount was raised by subscriptions. A very good site for the Samaj was also secured rent-free from Government. And now the Mandir is consecrated to the purpose for which it was intended.
Harinabhi. Dt- 24 Pargannas. Estd. Feb. 1867.
The Harinabhi Brahma Samaj, Harinabhi, Sonarpur P. O. Bengal.
Secretary:—Babu Umesh Chundra Dutt,
9, Anthony Bazar, Calcutta.
Members:—32 (men 15, women 6, and children 11) Anusthahic 25; non-anusthanic 7.
Meetings:—Once a week service is conducted in Bengali.
Mandir:—There was a Mandir but it no longer exists. The first Mandir was consecrated in February 1886.
Preachers:—No ordaimed Missionaries.
(1) Umes Chundra Dutt.
(2) Ananda Chandra Mukerji.
(3) Dr. Jogendra Nath Mitra, M. R. C. P.
Miss:—Payment of subscription is optional. The construction of a Mission House has been undertaken.
Hazaribagh. Estd. April 1868.
The Hazaribagh Brahma Samaj, (Boddom Bazar) Hazaribagh.
Secretary:—Babu Dina Nath Gupta, Members:—19. All Non-anusthanic.
Sympathisers:—About 100 men.
Meetings:—Two in a week, conducted in Bengali.
Mandir:—There is a Prarthana Mandir which was opened on 1st Baisak of the year 1868.
Funds:—Monthly subscription is collected as well as annual donation. There is no permanent fund.
History:—The Samaj was established in 1868, through the exertions of Babus Jadu Nath Mukerjee, Rajgopal Roy and Nava Krishna Roy. The Prayer-hall was constructed with subscriptions contributed by the gentry of the place on a plot of Government land measuring by local Bigha B 1, K 3, C 2 for which an annual rent of Rs. 3-7-3 is paid.
Howrah Estd. 1864.
The Howrah Brahma New Dispensation Samaj.
Secretary:—Babu Surya Kumar Das.
Meetings:—Once a week, in Bengali,
Minister:—Babu Priya Nath Mullick.
Missionary:—Bhai Brahmanda Das.
Mandir:—It has got no Mandir. Its weekly services and other meetings are being held at the ‘Brahmanandashram,’ which is its Mission House or a Home for spiritual culture of the New Dispensation as taught by Brahmananda Keshub Chandra Sen.
Institutions:—(1) Tbe ‘Brahmanandashram’.
(2) Ladies’ Association.
(3) Moral Training Class.
(4) Charity Fund for the poor.
Organ:—The ‘Brahmananda’ is a monthly Bengali Magazine published as the organ of the Samaj.