Mymensing. Estd. 10th January 1867.
( 2 ) Mymensing Brahma Samaj, Gangina Par, Mymensing.
Secretary.—Babu Mathura Nath Gaha, Sub-Inspector of Schools, Mymensingh.
Mymensing. (contd.) Men 17
Members—78. Women 17 Children 31 = Non-Anusthanic.
5 Men 4 Children 1 Woman = Anusthanic.
Meetings.— (1) Weekly Sunday Morning and Evening Services
(2 ) Sunday Moral School.
(3) Weekly Prayer Meeting of Bhagini (sisters). Generally all meetings are conducted in Bengali,
Minlsters—( 1 ) Baba Srinath Ohands Fandit, Zilla School, Mymensing.
( 2) Baba Chandra Mohan Biswas, Hd. Pandit, Alexander H. E. Girls’ School.
Mandir—There is a pucca Mandir consecrated on 10th January 1690.
Institutions—(1 ) Students’ Weekly Service.
( 2 ) Sunday Moral Traning Class.
( 3 ) Brahma Samaj Library for public uso.
History—In 1867 a Branch Brahma Samaj organised by students for their own benefit was started, Babu Krishna Kumar Mitra being its first Minister and Babu Srinath Chanda its first Secretary. This Samaj was* afterwards changed into the name of S. W. Service.
After the Cooch Behar Marriage in 1878 two resolutions protesting against the Marriage were passed at a general meeting of the Brahmas two elderly members named Babu Kali Kumar Bose and Gopi Krishna Sen deferring. Then the former was the Minister of the Samaj. So he was told that by the 2nd reso- lntion of the two he conld no longer continue Ministerial work. On this, both of the dissenting members with police force occupied the Mandir forcibly and the other Brahmas disallowed to go to the Mandir. The Protestant members took help of the law-court to have possession of the Mandir and the case was decided, ihe Mandir being a joint property. After this all the members decided that the Sunday Evening Service would remain in the hands of the Protestants and the Morning one being into the hands of the other party. The Utsavs and other festivals were also amicably settled. Matters went on for some time like this. After the Mandir was damaged by earthquake of 1886 the Protestant members came out and made a new building for their worship, bearing everything of the old one with the others in getting a recompense. The new Mandir was consecrated in December 1890; Pandit Shivanath Sastri having conducted service.
In 1888 a palli called the Brahmapally for the residence of the Brahma families of the Sadharan Brahma Samaj was established in No. 5 Municipal ward on the southern sido of the Bailway station.*Before that Brahmas bad been feeling some want towards the growth of brotherly feeling among them and mutual co-operation as they had been living spreaded in several parts of the town. The site was taken on lease from Maharaja Surya Kanta by an appeal which was made by Babu Srinath Chanda. At first some 4 families camo to reside here. Now there are some eight families.
Nalhati. Estd. before 1887.
The Nalhati Brahma Samaj, Nalhati, E. I. R. Loop-line.
Secretary—Dr. K. D. Sirkar, Nalhati.
The Nalhati Brahma Samaj maintains a night School for the education of lower classes of people. The Government officials are highly satisfied with the work and render help to it. The Night School was established in 1887 and the School building was constructed in 1889.
Naraingunj. Estd. 6th Bhadro 1298 (B. S.)
The Naraingunj Brahma Samaj, Naraingunj.
Secretary—Babu Tara Prasanna Das, B. L., Pleader, Narainguoj.
Mambers— Men 14 Women 12 Children 41 = 67
of these 3 men and 2 women are Anusthanic.
Meetings—Once a week In Bengali.
Mandir—One brick-built pucca Mandir consecrated on 23rd
Falgoon, 1806 (B. S).
Lay Preachers—Dr. Abhayacharan Das, Babu Dinabandhu Mitra, and Pandit Jogurwallan.
Institutions—A Reading Room & Library attached to the Mandir.
Celebrations.—The Maghostav is observed and divine services, lectures, kirtans, street preaching, &c., are the ordinary items of proceedings.